There are several types of knee pain that can be addressed by chiropractors and be treated.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative joint condition that can cause pain, stiffness, and swelling in the knee.
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the small fluid-filled sacs near the knee joint, bursas reduce friction and add cushion between your bones and tendons.
- Tendinitis: Occurs when one of the tendons that attach the knee muscles are inflamed, this can cause knee pain
- Meniscus Tear: Caused by any activity that forces you to twist or rotate your knee especially when putting weight on it, as the C-shaped pieces of cartilage are cushions and “shock absorbers” for your upper and lower leg bones.
- Runner’s Knee: Another name for this condition is patellofemoral pain syndrome, this is a common injury among runners that is softening or damage of cartilage at the back of the kneecap
Chiropractic care can help with knee pain by reducing inflammation, improving joint mobility, and strengthening the muscles supporting the knee.
Some of the techniques that chiropractors use are joint mobilization, soft tissue therapy, and exercise therapy this can help improve knee function and reduce pain.
Regular chiropractic care can also help prevent knee pain and maintain joint health.